Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Mediocre Japanese

We went to Porter Exchange Mall in Porter Square to eat at the Kotobukiya sushi bar before my husband went to get a haircut at a salon in the neighborhood. It was pretty mediocre sushi, but wow, was it ever cheap. We didn't have a problem getting 2 seats together. We were seduced by the prices and ordered WAY too much, but in general, it was just okay. At one point, my husband looked at me and said, "We're not in California anymore." That's okay- I will take mediocre sushi in exchange for public transportation any day.

While my husband was off to get his haircut, I got a bubble tea at the little stand in the middle of the mall. It was TERRIBLE. The powders weren't well mixed in, so it was too sweet, with a chemical almond taste, plus it was GRITTY. I threw it out after about 3 sips. I later ended up with a blueberry white iced tea with pearls from Tealuxe in Harvard Square. Much better!

2 comments:

Juliet Grossman said...

Tealuxe is the best! I go to the one on Newbury Street whenever I'm in Boston and I order from them by mail (though it's expensive) when I can't get there.

Anoushig said...

Thanks Jeena! I will check your blog out. I love recipes!

Drucie, I think Tealuxe is my favorite tea place. If only they would get pearls back in stock!